Why India is afraid to discuss J&K in UN or otherwise?
New Delhi: August 24, 2015. (PCP) Prof. Bhim Singh, Supremo of National Panthers Party in a letter addressed to Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi has questioned why India has been feeling shy to discuss the issues relating to J&K when Pakistan invokes J&K before United Nations or anywhere else or in bilateral talks? He felt surprise about India’s defensive role whenever ‘Kashmir’ is focus by Pakistan in any international fora.
NPP Supremo said that the leadership of India led by the Prime Minister should study the UN Resolution carefully and its violation by Pakistan right since 1948 when this Resolution was passed by UNCIP on 13th August, 1948. He told the Prime Minister to make it compulsory for all his ministers and diplomats to sit in a class understand the minute of UN Resolution vis-à-vis Jammu and Kashmir.
1. Firstly, UNCIP in its Resolution has directed Pakistan to vacate all occupied territories of J&K including Gilgit-Baltistan, Chitral, entire POK (which Pakistan calls ‘Azad Kashmir’).
2. Secondly, Pakistan shall withdraw all civilian settlers of Pakistan from occupied areas forthwith. (Pakistan had settled lacks of Punjabi population in the occupied areas by 1948).
3. The Indian Army shall look after law and order in the entire state of J&K including these vacated areas till next step.
4. Mostly the arbitrator for holding plebiscite shall be appointed by the Monarch (Maharaja Hari Singh).
5. Pakistan refused point blank to implement UN Resolution. Instead sought Anglo-American support to appoint Dixon to find out of box solution. Dixon suggested division of Jammu Pradesh to create an Islamic State of Kashmir.
Pakistan instead of implementing UN Resolution to withdraw its Army from all occupied areas violated UN Resolutions by;
i) Leased out nearly 5000 sq. miles of our territory to China in 1963 in Karakoram region of J&K.
ii) Pakistan instead of withdrawing its Army from Gilgit-Baltistan declared entire Gilgit-Baltistan comprising about 28,000 sq. miles of our territory as 6th province of Pakistan in 2009.
iii) Pakistan committed more than 1000 violations of ceasefire lines causing tremendous loss to life and property of both sides.
iv) Pakistan is continuing to send trained Army commandos into J&K to sabotage peace in the sub-continent with an intention destabilise India at the behest of Anglo-American Bloc.
Prof. Bhim Singh asked the Prime Minister why India should not expose Pakistan and its military rulers of all these facts whenever Pakistan rise to raise or raises J&K issue. He asked Prime Minister that why India is afraid to answer on facts and grounds whenever Pakistan shall try to invoke J&K, may it be UFA, New Delhi, Islamabad, United Nations or anywhere else.
Prof.Bhim Singh said that India should stop taking defensive posture and argue like a lawyer on facts, law and reality so that the international community also understands the truth. This was done for the first and last time by Mrs. Krishna Menon in 1957 and 1962 before the United Nations.