3rd Intra J&K ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk is proposed between leadership of J&K & POK
New Delhi: April 10, 2018. (PCP) Intra J&K ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk shall be resumed at the earliest between the prominent leadership of J&K & POK (including Gilgit-Baltistan) in 2018 for continued efforts to build bridges of peace between India and Pakistan by utilizing peace bridge between J&K and POK including Gilgit-Baltistan. This was stated by Prof.Bhim Singh in conference organized in New Delhi in connection with 3rd Intra J&K ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk.
The first Intra J&k ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk was convened by Late Sardar Mohd. Abdul Qayyum Khan and Prof.Bhim Singh, the Founder of National Panthers Party in J&K. Prof.Bhim Singh who convened first meeting in 2005 and again in 2007 in Jammu and Kashmir and New Delhi expressed gratitudes to the then Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh for his cooperation to hold a such difficult meeting in difficult times in India.
Prof.Bhim Singh has reorganized the Coordination Committee to hold 3rd Intra J&K ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk to pursue the mission which the organizing committee had taken in 2005. Prof.Bhim Singh said that a fresh committee of the organizers of 3rd intra J&K ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk shall be constituted by 30th April, 2018. The organizing committee shall also include at least five members from POK (which Pakistan calls as ‘Azad Kashmir’). He said that the representatives of almost all political parties working in J&K and POK shall be invited including the elder leadership on both sides.
Prof.Bhim Singh said that he is writing a letter to the Prime Minister of India requesting him for reasonable cooperation of the Govt. of India to ensure the visa facilities to the representatives who shall come from POK as representatives from POK shall be holding Pakistani passports. Same was the situation earlier also.
Prof.Bhim Singh last time got the cooperation of all political leadership of POK as well as J&K in holding two historic and useful talks to ensure full and final settlement of the situation that has been existing in J&K. He has also written a letter to the Prime Minister of Pakistan to grant permission to the representatives of the political parties of POK to participate in the conference as was done by the Govt. of Pakistan in 2005 & 2007.
Prof.Bhim Singh said that the people of J&K are capable and have commitment to hold talks among themselves for peaceful resolution of the situation without disturbing the present status quo or the present peace line between India and Pakistan. Prof.Bhim Singh said that the situation in J&K can be resolved by the active participation of the meaningful people from both sides of J&K. He said people of J&K never wanted war nor they are for war between India and Pakistan. He said the impression left by Sardar Mohd. Abdul Qayyum Khan and the leadership of J&K ensures that people of J&K whether residing in POK or in J&K do not want to live in war situation. The both sides want peace. Prof.Bhim Singh quoted a joint statement issued on 30th April, 2007 after three day close door Intra J&K ‘Heart to Heart’ Talk which was signed by Sardar Mohd. Abdul Qayyum Khan and Prof.Bhim Singh deserves a look,
1. The talk reiterates its commitment to strengthen the ongoing peace process between India and Pakistan and assures to facilitate the process.
2. To promote the peace process we feel that it is the time that a General Amnesty be granted to all those in jails so that they can start a new life.
3. Those suffering in jails or still present in J&K may be given an opportunity to return home.
4. We strongly recommend that all the old historical and natural including pony, road and rail routes as they existed before 1947 should be reopened.
5. That to further facilitate the movement across the LoC it is recommended that the arrangements which existed before 1956 be restored.
6. Coordination Committtees of the legislators, women and the Youth & Students shall be constituted shortly to strengthen and accelerate the heart toheart talk among the people on the both sides of the state.
7. Sardar Mohd. Abdul Qayyum Khan who chaired three day Heart to Heart Talk made a compassionate appeal to the people of India and Pakistan, particularly the Parliamentarians, civil societies and all others to support the peace process initiated between India and Pakistan to take it to its logical end.