Professor Anjum Paul presents recommendation on Protection of children to Prime Minister
Faisalabad: January 13, 2018. (PCP) Professor Anjum James Paul, Chairman of Pakistan Minorities Teachers Association PMTA writes a letter to Prime Minister of Pakistan Mr. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on need on steps taken for protection of children after rising incidents of rape and murder of underage boys and girls in society.
Hereunder is letter;
Mr. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Prime Minister of Pakistan
Prime Ministerĺs Secretariat
Subject: NEED TO TAKE STEPS FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
Greetings and peace from Pakistan Minorities Teachersĺ Association (PMTA).
PMTA would like to draw your kind attention on the subject cited above.
Sir, pedophiles have badly shaken the Pakistani society. Rapes and murders of underage girls and boys after abduction have raised many questions on the child rights.
It is needed to take immediate steps for the protection of children.
1. Children must be protected under the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
2. Establishment of Child Rights Commissions at provincial levels.
3. It is needed to define the age of the child in the Constitution of Pakistan as it has been universally defined. It is further to review Article 11 (3) and Article 25 (A) of the Constitution of Pakistan regarding the age of the child.
4. There must be implementation on ôChild Marriage Restraint Actö with letter and spirit. It has also been observed that pedophiles mostly abduct and marry minority girls as they are soft target for their sexual entertainment.
5. Contents must be developed in the school curricula to aware children to protect themselves from pedophiles.
With best regards.
PROF. ANJUM JAMES PAUL
Copy to: Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, Chief Justice Supreme Court of Pakistan, Islamabad