Several programs were held by the co-operation of the Asia Foundation Pakistan, the benefactor agency and the Rays of Development Organization (ROD), at different institutions of Sargodha.
The Asia Foundation Pakistan (TAF) is a private organization, which is functioning since 50 years in different Asian countries with public and private partnerships, on the Health related projects.
TAF instead of other projects is also working on the awareness of Tuberculosis and its cure in 20 different Zillahs of Pakistan. Their subject matter is to carry forth the TB diet plan according to which they are trying to inculcate awareness in the minds of the students and is trying to stop the sudden augment of this disease. TAF is enlightening citizens about the important medicines and the treatment in the government as well as in the private hospitals. The public and the organizations in the Zillahs have to coalesce jointly to brawl against this disease and stop its dispersion which is possible through interactive community dialogue. The aim of The Asia Foundation is to make such diseased and inflicted members yet again the member of the society of hale and hearty citizens.
The lectures précised in five (5) private institutes, functions were associated to the resistance aligned with Tuberculosis. The functions were in accordance with the time table of the students. Both the organizations were provided with freedom to give lectures and to guide students with liberty, about this treacherous disease.
These organizations have taken the initiative and the responsibility on their shoulders to guide students of Private schools and colleges, to lead a hale and hearty life as it is supposed that HEALTH IS WEALTH.
The programs were the following:
1. On 19th June, at 12:00pm to 01:30pm, a program was held at Christian Girls High School, Block # 16, Khushab Road, Sargodha. From the brilliant approaching generation forty nine (49) students, a teacher Nazia Sardar and Miss Khayaal Ara, the Principal of this institution, showed significance with their attendance in the function. Nadeem Samuel and Imran Mazher from The Rays of Development Organization and Mohammad Asif and Miss Sana Javed, the community activists, and Faiz-ur-Rehman, the Field Coordinator, from the Asia Foundation Pakistan, showed their crucial conglomerate in the function
2. On 15th June, at 10:00am to 11:00am, a program was held at S.I.T. (Sargodha Institute of Technology), University Road, Sargodha. From the brilliant approaching generation fifty students, hostel warden and Robinson Daniel, the Principal of this institution, showed elegance with his presence in the function. Nadeem Samuel and Imran Mazher from The Rays of Development Organization and Mohammad Asif the community activist, from the Asia Foundation Pakistan, showed their crucial corporation in the function.
3. On 14th June, at 9:00am to 10:00am, at Saint Paul High School, University Road, Sargodha, classes 9th and 10th, participated in the TB prevention program. Fifty Nine (59) students, four (04) teachers and the Principal of this institution, Mr.. Aslam Joseph attended the function. From The Rays of Development Organization, Madam Rosy Dewan, Nadeem Samuel and Imran Mazher and from The Asia Foundation Pakistan, Mohammad Asif and Miss Sana Javed, the social mobilizers, showed their vital presence in the function.
4. On 14h June, at 11:00am to 12:00am, at Saint Peter's High School, Chak # 79 NB Sargodha, classes 9th and 10th, participated in the function. From the bright upcoming generation 49 students, 17 teachers and the Principal of this institution, Mrs. Khalida Qasim, showed the grace with her presence in the function. From The Rays of Development Organization, Ferhan Mazher, Chairman of, The Rays of Development Organization, Madam Rosy Dewan, the General Secretary, Nadeem Samuel and Imran Mazher and from the Asia Foundation Pakistan, Mohammad Asif the social mobilizer, showed their crucial company in the function.
5. On 10 June, at 9:00am, at Sargodha Catholic School, Chak # 47 Sargodha, classes 9th and 10th, participated in the function. 62 students, 4 teachers and Brother Shanti, the Principal of this institution, attended the function. From The Rays of Development Organization Rosy Dewan the General Secretary, Nadeem Samuel and Imran Mazher and from the Asia Foundation Pakistan Mohammad Asif and Miss Sana, the social mobilizers, showed their vital presence in the function.
Lines printed on slogans were justified and conferred by both organizations. First slogan marked that Tuberculosis is curable. Our team members responded to several questions, for making the conceptions of the students obvious.
The questions were as following:
1. What is Tuberculosis?
Ans: It is the disease of lungs but on certain conditions it can also inflict the assisting organs of the body.
2. Can Tuberculosis spread its Bacteria?
Ans: Yes, it can spread it Bacteria when an infected patient spits, coughs or sneezes.
3. What are the symptoms of Tuberculosis?
Ans: Cough prolongs three weeks or even more that that, blood comes in the sputum, normally the patient suffers from temperature and the weight decreases.
4. Where can be Tuberculosis diagnosed?
Ans: It can be diagnosed from a nearby Hospital, Health and Tuberculosis Center. To diagnose the disease the sputum test is taken.
5. How can it be cured?
Ans: There is no need to get worried because National Tuberculosis Control program and World Health Organization has started a program named DOTS (directly observed therapy short course), due to which the patient should without any delay refer to these TB Centers and they will provide him with a special tablets which he has to take for 8 months on a regular basis.
6. Where this medicine is available?
Ans: This medicine is available at almost every medical store or hospital and in the Government hospitals, it is provided free of cost in Government hospitals and TB centers.
Our staff shared their understanding impressively, with the undergraduates. They told the students about the important steps that are to be taken.
1. The patient should not give unnecessary gaps in taking the medicine and the medicine should be taken with the proper management of time.
2. A responsible man should become his caretaker or guardian.
3. The members of his family should not neglect him or send him somewhere else for the treatment. They should have a friendly and caring attitude towards him to bring some hope in his life.
4. Breast Feeding is harmless even when a woman is afflicted by this disease.
5. The Disease of Tuberculosis is curable and for the best result one has to take the medicine for 8 months and he has to be punctual in doing so without any delay. He should also consult a specialist for a regular check up to show the progress in his health. Without the doctor's suggestion he should not discontinue the medicine.
Our organizational associates added persuasively that the man who is suffering of this disease should make the proper use of handkerchief while coughing, sneezing and spitting; as it can be effective in the open environment and can become the cause of annoyance in the lives of others.
At the end of these functions refreshments (packets of juices and Lays chips) were disseminated amid the students. The contact numbers of members of these organizations as well as the literature related to Tuberculosis was also dispersed amongst the students.
Principals thanked both organizations for providing the youth knowledge and for inculcating in their minds the awareness due to which they can lead a happy and healthy life in the society.
Our staff thanked all the principals for endowing us with an opportunity to interact with the students directly, so that we can provide them the safeguard of knowledge against Tuberculosis.